Information we collect
2. We will collect personal data on our above website(s) only if it is directly provided to us by you the user, e.g. your e-mail address, name, home or work address and telephone number, and therefore has been provided by you with your consent. We also use analytical and statistical tools that monitor details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data (but this data would not identify you personally).
3. Your payment information (e.g. credit card details) provided when you make a payment via our website is not received or stored by us. That information is processed securely and privately by the third party payment processors that we use. Greenwich Mencap will not have access to that information at any time. We may share your personal data with our payment processors, but only for the purpose of completing the relevant payment transaction. Such payment processors are banned from using your personal data, except to provide these necessary payment services to us, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your personal data and payment information.
Use, storage and disclosure of your information
4. We may hold and process this personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and send you our e-newsletters from time to time, but we will not transfer, share, sell, rent or lease your personal data to third parties
5. The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you. In addition, we may use the information for purposes including the following:
5.1 To provide you with information requested from us, relating to our services. To provide information on other services which we feel may be of interest to you, where you have consented to receive such information;
5.2 To meet our contractual commitments, if any, to you;
5.3 To notify you about any changes to our website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service;
5.4 To assist fraud protection and minimise risk.
6. Please be advised that we do not reveal information about identifiable individuals to our any third parties but we may, on occasion, provide them with aggregate statistical information about our visitors.
8. We do not use or disclose sensitive personal data, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, without your explicit consent.
9. Otherwise, we will process, disclose or share your personal data only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with legal requirements or legal process served on us or the website.
10. You have the right to opt out of our processing your personal data for marketing purposes by contacting us at email@example.com.
11. The transmission of information via the Internet or email is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of data while you are transmitting it to our site; any such transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
12. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You should choose a password it is not easy for someone to guess.
Third party links
13. You might find links to third party websites on our above website(s). These websites should have their own privacy policies, which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their websites or policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
Access to information
15. The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you by us. This right can be exercised by you in accordance with the Act, and an access request is free of charge. Should you wish to receive details that we hold about you, please contact us using the contact details below.
Changes to this policy
16. We may update these policies at any time to reflect changes to the website and customer feedback. Please regularly review these policies to be informed of how we are protecting your personal data.
Unit 4, Hopyard Studios, 13 Lovibond Lane, Greenwich SE10 9FY
or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org