How we can help
Our welfare department is a free information and advice service for adults with a learning disability, learning difficulty and autism, who live in the Royal Borough of Greenwich, London. We are a partner of The Connecting Communities Alliance (CCA).
The CCA is a partnership of voluntary sector organisations in the Royal Borough of Greenwich, helping people using specialist services manage the transition to using mainstream services.
Our trained, experienced staff offer a person-centred, user-led service providing advice, form filling (PIP applications), telephone enquiries on behalf of the client, or where necessary, referring you to specialist services. We can see you in our office or in your home.
We offer advice on a wide range of subjects, including those listed below.
By offering individual advice and information, we aim to:
- Encourage more independence and enable more informed choices
- Facilitate better physical and mental wellbeing
- Reduce social isolation and exclusion
- Increase awareness of sources of information and support
- Provide better access to easy to understand information and advice
- Ensure people can be valued contributors to society
Who can use this service?
Greenwich Mencap's welfare department is a free advice and support service available to people who meet the following criteria:
- Adults aged 18 years or over
- Lives in Royal Borough of Greenwich
- Living with a learning disability, learning difficulty or autism (but you do not need to be on the Disability Register)
How to get the support you need
To talk to us about information and personalised advice, please call our information and guidance lead, Kaie Kadiata, on the numbers below between 10 am and 4 pm, Monday to Friday. Alternatively, you can email us or send us a message and we will get back to you shortly.
Tell us how we're doing
It's incredibly important to us that our service users and their families tell us how we can improve and deliver even better support.
If you or someone you care for is currently using our service and would like to complete our short feedback survey, click the button below.