Our vision is a world where people with a learning disability, learning difficulty or autism live life to the full.
The six areas below guide our work to make a real difference to the lives of people with a learning disability, learning difficulty and autism.
- To campaign for and represent the interests and needs of people with a learning disability
- To help people with a learning disability achieve their full potential
- To listen to the aims, hopes and aspirations of people with a learning disability
- To raise awareness of the positive contribution and potential of people with a learning disability
- To provide quality social and leisure activities, and opportunities for self-advocacy
- To promote training, work experience and employment opportunities for people with a learning disability
In addition to the core values of Royal Mencap below, we promote respect, tolerance and consideration of others.
We are Inclusive. People with a learning disability are at the heart of everything we do.
We are Trustworthy. When we promise something, we don’t let people down.
We are Caring. We treat everyone with respect and kindness.
We are Challenging. When we see things that aren’t fair we will campaign until we see real change.
We are Positive. We never stop believing in a better future and we celebrate what we are proud of now.
Equality, diversity & inclusion
We are proud to support the Royal Borough of Greenwich in their 8 pledges to promote the values of equality, diversity and inclusion. We are committed to making a real difference by:
- making Royal Greenwich a welcoming borough where everyone feels they belong
- inspiring trust and confidence in all the borough has to offer
- recognising, valuing and celebrating diversity
- listening to and understanding the diverse needs of all people
- building good relations and understanding between people
- creating a fairer borough through promoting inclusion, participation and equal access
- challenging discrimination, harassment, bullying, hate crime and victimisation
- eliminating barriers, encouraging a growth mindset, raising aspirations and creating opportunities for growth beyond limit.